Tuesday 5 May 2009

Afghanistan

b company 1st battalion the riflesI know I am not British but I read with interest the story of the guys who came home from Afghanistan yesterday that are based about 12 miles from me in Chepstow. The BRAVE British soldiers who saw eight of their pals killed in Afghanistan received a heroes’ welcome as they arrived home yesterday.

I reserve a place in my heart for all soldiers who go over there from Britain. The job they are doing protects me, my sister and the rest of my family who live in Romania. They not only protect their own country, but the whole of Europe and I would like to say thanks to them here in my tiny patch on the internet.

The boys were greeted with tears and cheers after spending six months fighting the Taliban.

The 124 soldiers from B Company of 1st Battalion The Rifles were mobbed by hundreds of family members and friends at Beachley Barracks, near Chepstow, Monmouthshire.

But there was sadness, too, as they remembered the eight colleagues who did not make it back from Helmand Province.

Rifleman Stuart Nash, Cpl Richard Robinson, Cpl Daniel Nield, Lance Cpl Stephen Kingscott, Sergeant Chris Reed, Lance Cpl Paul Upton, Rifleman Jamie Gunn and Cpl Tom Gaden.

No comments:

Post a Comment